Mere seconds into my arrival to the party site I had a strong yearning to pull out a pen and a notebook, Harriet the Spy style.
Everywhere I looked, notebook worthy characters held up walls and leaned against bar stools holding pool cues or half empty beer bottles.
Too many notes and not enough napkins. So I took off my Harriet cap and slipped into David Letterman mode.
My Top Ten ...Reasons Why You/Your Look Inspires
So I moved on...
To a Glamour’s Don’t and Don‘t Ever list.
1. Waist length silver hair. (This Don’t counts as two if you’re a man)
2. Basketball shorts and dress shirts. (buddy, where is your tie? Duh)
3. Sunglasses after dark. (Hard to read your poker hand in a dark bar)
4. In your face cleavage. (Holy crap... is that cleavage or is she nursing bald twins?)
5. Age spotted, wrinkled décolletés decorated with ornate rhinestone crosses. (Just plain ewwww)
6. Harold hitting on Maude. ( “huh?” click here)
And a Do……
1. It is perfectly acceptable to pretend you’re a lesbian in order to avoid and ward off “The Pickup Artist”.
The whole evening was like an episode of The Twilight Zone.
Strange and a bit scary.
When my overactive imagination took me to a place where I felt like a working extra on That 70’s Show or Pulp Fiction….I made like Dorothy Gale and clicked my ruby red heels three times…
“There’s no place like home” I later told Daddio.