The last time I updated this blog I noted that I'd caught Bear's virus... I caught it so bad in fact, that my doctor gave me a week off work.
A whole week off work, imagine that.
Well, it went faster than....
okay, brain fart here...
Now would be the perfect time for a clever analogy...
So when I googled "analogies" to try to steal one or two the following popped up...
Enjoy (I'll be back, only using my own words and analogies)
Here, from a blog by a woman named Judy Rose... a sampling of analogies thought up by high school students...
( #4 is my favorite..)
1. Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a ThighMaster.
2. His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.
3. He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.
4. She grew on him like she was a colony of E. Coli, and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.
5. She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.
6. Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
7. He was as tall as a six-foot, three-inch tree.
8. The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife’s infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM machine.
9. The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.
10. McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.
(Enjoying a Monday back at work after having a week off is a lot like throwing up in your mouth while trying out the dog's muzzle)...
Monday, May 2, 2011
Well look what the hell the cat drug in....
Posted by Koby at 6:19 AM
Some bloggers write "gimme me some love".... as far as I'm concerned, I'd love some love, but I'd even take some hate, some expressions of your disgust, your outrage, mild irritation, sheer joy...whatever, I can take it, honestly I can. Just please (please) leave a comment or two and let me know what you think. Merci.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love the hefty bag of vegetable soup. That is a pretty clear mental image, which is what you want from an analogy. Hope your day is muzzle free. I think.ReplyDelete